So the time has come to select colours will make up the fabric and décor of your space. Selecting a colour palette for your home can prove to be challenge. There are just so many choices that you just don’t know where to start. Here are some quick helpful tips to consider when selecting colour for your home:
1. The easiest and most simple thing to begin selecting colours for your space is work off an inspiration. It could be a piece of furniture, painting or fabric swatch that catches the eye. These elements will give you a direction in terms of what colour you would be most comfortable with.
2. Don’t be scared to work with non-neutral colours like grey, brown or cream as long as fill the space with accessories. Let the walls be neutral but add colour to the space with the use of pillows, window coverings, area rugs and etc.
3. When you have selected a colour palette it is always recommended to purchase testers. Testers are small samples of the paint colour that you can either paint on the wall or on large pieces of bristol board. If the location that you are at does not provide testers, you can also take a few of the paint chip of the colour and paste them on a larger piece of paper so that you are able to see it on a large scale. This is recommended to provide the true colour that is to be applied.
Below are two examples of how to use neutral colours on the wall and accent colours through accessories:
4. Look at the colour in the morning, in the afternoon, and the evening to determine if that is the colour option that you are truly happy with. When selecting a colour at the store you are looking at it under different light then what you may have in your home. Light has a large factor in how the colour will actually look in the space.
5. Having the right colour on your walls will make a large change in the space. Colour will create the right feeling in the space, so it is important that you select the right one for the right space for your home.
So instead at looking at the colour selection process as a challenge, have some fun with it. Experiment. Take the road less traveled and discover the endless colour selections that will ultimately set the tone of the space!
Custom Home Interiors
Outstanding customer service is what Custom Home Interiors is all about. So, being recognized for this by our industry peers is one of the best compliments we could get!
Every year the Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association holds awards ceremonies to acknowledge their industry partners who stand out in terms of sales, marketing and customer service. This year, CHI was at the forefront of award recipients.
CHI Director of Sales & Marketing Andrew Emmans was the first to receive his award from the judging panel for Best Industry Partner Representative.
Andrew Emmans, CHI Director of Sales & Marketing
“We’ve been members of GOHBA for the past 3 years and have been trying to get as involved as possible, so to win an award like this is an absolute honour. CHI will strive to go above and beyond this expectation for years to come,” says Emmans.
Andrew barely had a chance to sit down before he was called up to the stage twice more. CHI was presented the awards for Best Industry Partner Print Ad and Best Industry Partner Brochure.
“These achievements are a team effort,” he says. “Everyone at CHI is involved with our marketing and certainly we need to point out Timothy Das for his work with our marketing initiatives. These materials reflect exactly what CHI is providing to our customers. We look at our marketing materials as our CV so it’s important that it sets a bar for what our clients can expect when they walk into Custom Home Interiors.”
Timothy Das, CHI Sales & Marketing Co-Ordinator
Our 2010 Customer Service Superstars! (Left to right) Andrew Emmans, Amy Carter, CHI Sales & Design Representative and Kiersten Lowden, CHI Sales & Corporate Services Representative
Three CHI family members were in the running for the GOHBA Customer Service Awards and it was Amy Carter who placed as the 2nd runner up in the Trade/Supplier category.
“I feel honoured and appreciated,” Carter says. “I’m so pleased that my customers are happy and that I was acknowledged for it. To me, customer service is about building relationships. It’s not just about selling. Being friendly and taking time to get to know my clients so that I can meet their needs and wants is key.”
By Suzy Kendrick
Commercial Sales Representative
Custom Commercial Interiors